Calicut Wayanad Coorg Kannur Bekal Package- The North Kerala Tour by Groowynd Holidays covers the prominent North Kerala tourist places and the coffee plantation hill station of Karnataka. Kerala for long has continued to maintain its status as the ‘Best Tourist Place in India‘ (Source: AC Neilsen – Outlook Traveler Survey). It is also regarded as the Second (2nd) Best Winter Destination in India after Goa owing to its ‘Scenic Beauty‘ and ‘Value for Money‘. Now with the flow of international and domestic tourists having plateaued, Kerala Tourism is broadening its horizons further north to the tourist places in Malabar area. Once known for its sleepy backwaters, the northern Malabar region that includes Kozhikode, Kannur, Bekal, Nileshwar and Wayanad has untapped tourism potential with numerous places of interest. Bekal is one of the main attractions of North Kerala. Bekal Fort, North Kerala Beaches, Kozhikode Backwaters and Wayanad district with its wild forests of the Western Ghats have always been a treat for tourists coming down on a North Kerala trip. Kannur has its own place in the tourist map of Kerala with uncrowded and drive-in beaches. Now with the upcoming international airport at Mattannur (in Kannur), it is poised to increase the flow of tourists to the Malabar region and will become a major transit hub on any North Kerala itinerary or for those visiting the popular hill stations of South India – Wayanad, Ooty and Coorg. The destination Coorg (Madikeri) adds spice to this North Kerala tour with an experience of a plantation stay. There are many places to visit in Coorg viz Elephant Camp, Waterfalls, View Point, Tibetan Monastery etc. Wayanad, a non commercialized hill station of Kerala, has many attractions like waterfalls, lakes, wildlife, trekking etc. Guest are picked up from Mangalore or Calicut (Kozhikode) Airport or Railway Station. On completion of the North Kerala tour package of Calicut Wayanad Coorg Kannur Bekal, guests will be dropped to Mangalore Airport or Railway Station. Pick up/drop place can be customized at Bangalore, Mysore, Coimbatore, Kannur, Calicut, Mangalore etc. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post a query on this page for a customize North Kerala tour or for exclusive Wayanad Tour Packages and tours to other South Indian destinations.
North Kerala Tour and Coorg: 8 Days
Calicut – 1 Night | Wayanad – 2 Nights | Coorg – 2 Nights | Bekal – 1 Night | Kannur – 1 Night
Places to visit in Wayanad:
- Edakkal Caves (Provides great view from top, famous for ancient inscriptions).
- Jain Temple (Though near to Sulthan Bathery Town, it is a serene place).
- Muthanga Wild Life Sanctuary (One of the famous wildlife safaris of Kerala).
- Banasura Sagar Dam (The largest dam in India, speed boat facility available).
- Lakkidi view point (Amazing view from the top of Valley and Ghats).
- Chain Tree near Lakkidi (Story behind the ghat section road).
- Jain Temple (One of the ancient Jain Temple of Kerala).
- Pookot Lake (A fresh water lake in the valleys with pedal/row boat facilities).
- Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary (Jungle safari conducted by forest department in the morning and evening).
- Kuruva Island ( A rich green island of Mangrove Forest bamboos, unpopulated sigh, best for soft trekking).
Places to visit in Coorg:
- Abbey Falls (An incredible waterfall where the river Cauvery falls into the rocky laps from a elevation of 70 feet).
- Raja’s Seat (Raja’s Seat, meaning the Seat of the King is an amazing view point)
- .Madikeri Fort (Built by Mudduraja in the last quarter of the 17th century).
- Nisargadhama (Chain of islands spread in 64 acres island, reachable through a dangling bridge).
- Golden Temple (Accommodating around 7000 Tibetan monks in and around, this beautiful architecture reflects the Tibetan Style of Architecture).
- Dubare Elephant Camp (Dubare Forest is a natural island of about 11-12 acres with elephant camp, elephant rides available).
Places to visit in Calicut (Kozhikode):
- Kappad Beach ( Beach with a historical attachment, Vasco Da Gama first landed here).
- Calicut Beach ( Close to the City, great place for an unwinding evening).
- Beypore Beach (Wonderful Beach with walk way, lively in the evening, little away from the city).
- Kadalundi Boating (Boating in Kadalundi river, takes you through Mangrove forest and villages).
Places to visit in Kannur:
- Fort St Angelos ( Built in 1505 by Portuguese, spectacular view of Arabian sea, ASI protected monument).
- Muzhuppilanagad Beach ( drive in Beach with more than 4 km stretch).
- Payyambalam Beach ( Clean and Pristine beach near Kannur town).
Places to visit in Bekal:
- Bekal Fort ( Spread over 40 acres it is the largest and most beautiful fort in Kerala).
- Bekal Beach ( Close to Bekal fort, an irresistible beach for Leisure).
- Kappil Beach ( Clean and picturesque beach, wonderful place for sunset view).
- Valiyaparamba Backwaters ( Serene backwaters of north Kerala, cruise in backwaters).