Bangalore Mysore Coorg Wayanad Tour: This 6 Days tour is organised by Groowynd Holidays, Destination expert on Trip Advisor for major South Indian Destinations. It has a great combination of the Garden City and the IT hub of India – Bengaluru, the Palace City – Mysore and two prominent hill stations of South India – Coorg and Wayanad. Mysore is identified as a hub and starting point for many tours of South India. There are many interesting and historical places to cover in Mysore, such as the Mysore Palace, Brindavan Garden, Mysore Zoo, Art Gallery, Srirangapatna are other important tourist attractions. Mysore is also renowned for its Silk items, and many people come to the city just for silk shopping. Wayanad has a lot of attractions and activities for families to indulge in such as viewpoints, lakes, dams, waterfalls, plantations, trekking etc. It is a great destination for those who would like to take a break from their hectic city schedule. Bangalore has great options for shopping along with places to visit. Hence, one can keep that as a final destination before departure, if you are keen on taking back some memories of this trip. Guests can be picked up from Calicut, Bangalore, Mangalore or Mysore and the Bangalore Mysore Coorg Wayanad trip can be customized as per the one’s requirement and taste.
Bangalore Mysore Coorg Wayanad Tour: 5 Nights & 6 Days
Bangalore – 1 Night | Mysore – 1 Night | Wayanad – 2 Nights | Coorg – 1 Night
- Vishveswaraya Museum (a fun place for kids illustrating the function of technology and machines, from here head to the Venkatappa Art Gallery which is next to it and then the Cubbon Park)
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden (the main attraction of Bangalore city spread across 240 acres of land. This place is famous for its flower festivals and is home to a variety of flora and fauna. One can also find different species of birds visiting this park.)
- Vidhana Soudha (Karnataka state legislative assembly building constructed in an impressive neo-Dravidian style of architecture. It is a must see attraction for tourists visiting Bangalore)
- Shopping Places (Phoneix Market City, Orion Mall or Commercial Street. Bangalore has some great shopping options).
- Mysore Palace (a historical palace which used to be the official residence of the Wodeyars, who ruled the state from the early 15th century (the 1400s) to the mid-20th century (1947))
- Mysore Zoo (also known as Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens, it is a fabulous well-maintained zoo with a variety of animals. Its a must visit if you are traveling with children)
- Brindavan Garden (a neatly maintained garden just outside the Mysore city. It’s an ideal place to visit during evening hours to watch the musical fountain and the spectacular night view of the terrace garden)
- St. Philomena’s Church (a 2-century old marvelous architecture located in the heart of the city)
- Jaganmohan Palace (an old architecture palace built in 1861, now converted as Jayachamarajendra Art Gallery).
Some of the hotels/resorts featured in our Bangalore Mysore Coorg Wayanad Package are Radisson Blu Plaza, Grand Mercure, Fortune JP Palace, Southern Star, Windflower Resort and Spa, Silent Shores Resort & Spa, Hotel Le Ruchi the Prince etc.
- Abbey Falls (An incredible attraction which is close to the Madikeri town. A long uneven hill trek will take you this picturesque waterfall where the river Cauvery falls into the rocky laps)
- Raja’s Seat (Raja’s Seat, meaning the Seat of the King is a nice viewpoint that offers a good view of the valley. Ideal for families with kids as it has a small garden, fountain, and a toy train)
- Madikeri Fort (Now a preserved fort which was built by Mudduraja in the last quarter of the 17th century. The museum here has some old sculptures and weaponry on display)
- Nisargadhama (A chain of islands formed by the Cauvery River and spread across 64 acres of forest land. Some adventure activity options are available such Rope climbing or Boating. The islands are reachable through a dangling bridge)
- Golden Temple (This grand Tibetan monastery can be visited en route from Mysore to Coorg. Also known as “Namdroling Monastery” this beautiful architecture reflects the Tibetan Style of Architecture)
- Dubare Elephant Camp (Visiting this Elephant camp will be a great experience. Adventurous and humbling too, to have known these large mammals up close and personal)
- Edakkal Caves (The trek to the top can be steep and tiring but will be rewarding too. Views from the top are amazing. A, so a good place for those interested in archaeology as some ancient carvings can be seen on the cave walls).
- Jain Temple (A small 14-century temple maintained by ASI and close to the Bathery Town. Interesting to know how Jain monks traveled so far in olden days).
- Muthanga Wild Life Sanctuary (One of the famous wildlife safaris of Kerala).
- Banasura Sagar Dam (The largest dam in India, speed boat facility available).
- Lakkidi viewpoint (Amazing view from the top of Valley and Ghats).
- Chain Tree near Lakkidi (Story behind the ghat section road).
- Jain Temple (One of the ancient Jain Temple of Kerala).
- Pookot Lake (A freshwater lake in the valleys with pedal/row boat facilities).
- Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary (Ideal for wildlife enthusiasts, who would like to see wild elephants, deer, gaurs, red squirrels etc. Spotting of tigers can be a luck factor).
- Kuruva Island (also known as Kuruvadeep, it is a fun place to visit. A large bamboo ferry has to be used for crossing the river)