Kochi to Wayanad Trip from Destination Expert
Wayanad Tour packages from Kochi: Tour Packages from Cochin (Kochi) to Wayanad for 3 Days covers almost all major Wayanad Tourist Places. Guests are picked up from Kochi (Cochin) International Airport (COK) or Ernakulam Railway Station (ERN/ERS). Alternately, guests can be picked up from Home or Hotel at Kochi. The distance from Cochin (Kochi) to Wayanad is 275 km, will be covered in 7 h 40 min. Cochin to Wayanad route followed is Kochi – Thrissur – Kunnamkulam – Kottakkal – Kozhikode bye pass road – Thamarassery – Adivaram – Kalpetta. After sightseeing of Wayanad Tourist Places for 3 days, the guests will travel back on completion of Kochi to Wayanad Trip. If you have an additional day, Mysore, Ooty or Calicut can be included with Wayanad Tour Package. Visit South India Tour Packages to know about destinations which can be combined with Wayanad or write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Groowynd Holidays is a TripAdvisor.com featured destination expert for many South Indian Destinations and we have been awarded Certificate of Excellence for the years 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 from TripAdvisor.com.
An alternate and a better option to reach Wayanad from Kochi is to take Kochi to Calicut Train. Guest will be picked up from Calicut Railway Station (CLT) by our cab. Distance from Calicut to Wayanad is 86 km which will take approx. 3 hrs. journey. Also, overnight Cochin to Wayanad bus is available. You can book tickets of Kerala Govt Bus or Karnataka for Luxury Volvo bus. Your pick-up can be arranged on arrival at Wayanad bus stand. For details of Wayanad Package from other destinations click on our link of Wayanad Tour Packages.
Wayanad Tourist Places:
- Edakkal Caves (1 km semi- hard trekking to the cave, amazing view from top).
- Jain Temple (Serene temple close to Sulthan Bathery).
- Muthanga Wild Life Sanctuary (Jungle safaris available in morning and evening at 0700 h and 1500 h, 13 km from Sulthan Bathery).
- Banasura Sagar Dam (Famous for being the biggest earth dam in India, boating available).
- Lakkidi view point (View of Valley and Ghats from top of Ghat Section).
- Pookot Lake (A fresh water lake , mountains on three sides, boating facilities).
- Kuruva Island ( Chain of islands, soft trekking, cross over to the island in a raft).
Wayanad Tourism Packages from Cochin: Route
The Route followed from Codhin to Wayanad is Aluva – Chalakudy – Thrissur – Edappal – Calicut – Wayanad. Traveling by exclusive cab enables you to avoid Calicut city and other cities and take bye-pass to avoid city traffic. If you want to avoid traveling more than 8 hours in a day, you may consider taking a stop over at Calicuty (Kozhikode).